Monday, September 10, 2012

Holy Hollywood, Batman!

A while back I was on Twitter, and one of those "Put in my pants in a movie title" things was trending. I rarely get involved with these, but for whatever reason I was bored, so I threw a couple out there. Things like "Let The Right One In My Pants", "I Saw the Devil In My Pants", or "The Great White Hype In My Pants". I chuckled for a second at some of the ones people were tweeting, but then my comic book saturated brain began to wander. What if instead of "In My Pants" I put Batman Villains into movie titles? So I came up with a few, and then it turned into a full fledged idea for a blog post, "What if Batman villains had decided to become movie stars instead of criminals?". The only problem with that being that, again, I have no photoshop skills whatsoever. So the idea sort of went away.

If you've been keeping up with the circle of horror bloggers I currently sort of run with, you're already familiar with Frank Browning. The guy does amazing things with photoshop, and has contributed to Dr. Terror's Italian Horror Week, Back Online, Back On Duty's Slaterocalypse ( during which he did some work for my True Romance entry), as well as a number of other places. What's even more impressive is how quickly he can get these things done, put simply, the guy is a machine. He does not eat, he does not sleep, he photoshops. As I know how busy he stays, I was hesitant to run this idea by him, but I ended up shooting him a  message about it. To be perfectly honest, I didn't ask him just because I wanted to do the post, but also because I knew he was really going to come up with something special and I wanted to see it.

Frank wasted absolutely no time in agreeing to help me out, and before long I started getting the images. They are exactly as I'd imagined them, only better. But enough with the blabbering, let's get on with it. Ladies, gentlemen, and the rest of you...feast your eyes upon...

What if Batman's Villains Had Decided to Become Movie Stars Instead of Criminals?















And without a doubt, my favorite of the bunch, one of my first ideas which turned out way better than I'd imagined it could. I love every single one of them, but Frank absolutely killed it with this one...


While I can take a little for the idea and most of the movie titles, all the credit for this post goes to Frank. I am insanely jealous of his artistic talents, and eternally grateful for his help in making this post happen. It's my favorite thing that I've posted here in the Batcave, hands down. Do yourself a favor and check out his other works at the links above, all are awesome and worth your time. Frank and I are also collaborating on a post for Back Online, Back on Duty's next theme week which is coming at the end of this month, so be on the lookout for the announcement soon. It's another fun one, I can't wait for everybody to see it.

No comments: